Connecting to a shared network place is a common workplace activity. Once your System administrator has created a share they will provide you with a path to find your shared file(s).
The following instructions will assist you in connecting to a My Network Place using a Microsoft Windows computer on a domain.
How to Connect to a Shared Folder by Using My Network Places
- Open My Network Places. To do so, click Start, click My Computer, and then click My Network Places under Other Places.
- Click Add Network Place under Network Tasks found in the top left hand corner.
- On the Add Network Place Wizard click Next.
- Under service providers select Choose another network location.
- Type the Network Location provided by your System Administrator. Click Next
- Type a name for the network place (this may or may not be provided by your System Administrator. Click Next.
- Click Finish. The folder you have added conects this computer with the shared network resource.
To find this folder in the future you will open My Network Places.